Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Registry Dilemna

So how many of us spent hours on our pregnant, swollen feet to do our registry for only 4 people to even look at it!?! I know I did. I bring this up because I had a conversation with a friend of mine who recently completed her registry and she has prided herself on never buying from someone’s registry. Well those 3 hours she spent in Baby’s R Us changed her forever. Lesson Learned.

As for my registry the only smart thing I did was not waste my time scanning ANY clothes. I knew my audience and new they wouldn't buy anything I picked out anyway. A lot of my closest friends have boys so I knew they would go on a shopping spree with the chance to shop for a girl! My only rule was not to buy EVERYTHING pink. Yes, I like pink but geeze! I'm against the whole girl=pink/boy=blue idea (more on that later). If you're planning to buy items not on the registry please, I beg you for all future mother's: Get a Gift Receipt!!! No one should ever be stuck with 30 baby washcloths!

While we're talking about registries, why are they only for those time in your life when you don't have any idea what you may need (weddings, first child, first home)? I'm just saying! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment