Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Getting back to your own childhood

I have always loved paper crafts. My mom got something new made out of paper EVERY holiday. Paper picture frames, flowers, cards, paintings, you name it she got it. As I grew older I got away from making my creations. Life got in the way.When the baby was born I moved all of my crafts into the garage to make room for her and since then I’ve been spending my free time watching TV or sleeping. Recently, I rediscovered this joy by just spending a couple of hours over the weekend with my Modge Podge, magazines and a composition notebook. I’m no Martha (which I'm actually pretty happy about) but I did a great job of mixing words with pictures and creating a masterpiece (at least I think so). 
 
It is nice to take time out every once in a while to just enjoy those things that make your heart sing. I’ve come to understand that along with my gym-time I also need to dedicate a little craft-time to myself in order to better take care of myself and my family. It’s funny how a spur of the moment decision sparked a bit of happiness in my heart. Who knows maybe next I’ll find a tree to climb…or maybe not I’m not as agile as I used to be. *smile*
 
What are some things that you enjoyed as a child that you have shied away from now that you are older and have more responsibilities? Do you plan to return to them?
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I too am a creative person & found that I was lacking the release I needed to deal with the stress of daily life. I do remember how happy times were when I worked on school projects with my kids. So, thanks for reminding me!!

    ReplyDelete