Thursday, September 6, 2012

Introductions

Welcome to my blog!
This is my first blog and I am so excited to have an outlet to share the wonders of being a first time mom. Before having her I though I was ahead of the game based on my own experiences:  
  1. I've always been around children because I have nieces and nephews almost my age. In other words I've been a babysitter most of my life.
  2. I have been blessed to be a godmother to several children whom I helped potty train, teethe, walk, crawl, etc.
  3. I am trained in Promoting First Relationships and TouchPoints as well as other parenting strategies.
SURPRISE! having your own child is totally different! None of this prepared me for the day to day revelations I would have with Baby C. I have learned a lot since she was born. Having her around has helped me be more observant to the nuances of the world . I have begun to question a lot of things people, including myself, do on a daily basis. With all the people I have met in my life she is definitely going to leave the biggest footprint.

I hope that the things I discuss will be relevant to your life or at least amuse you in some way. I feel like I am just another mother trying to figure out how not to ruin my child.

I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I do and please feel free to share your comments and questions with me.

2 comments: