Thursday, November 29, 2012

Confessions from an Organizer

I LOVE to organize but have to admit I’m not organized person! I love buying baskets, dividers, Pinning (love Pinning) organizing ideas, redoing my closet…but I really like to throw stuff on the floor and pile items on my dresser. Now I have to give myself credit over the years I’ve gotten better. I no longer sleep with my freshly washed laundry sitting at the foot of my bed (now it just stays in the dryer until I’m ready-don’t judge *smile*). I don’t have a junk drawer (probably because it just sits on the dresser now). I don’t have a pile of mail to go through (mostly thanks to calling so that they can’t send unsolicited mail for another 5 years). Yet on a daily basis I just throw things around. I guess the biggest part of my organization has been to stop bringing new items in to the house and to get rid of those that I don't need, use, or love, but the idea of "a place for everything and everything in its place" still eludes me.
 
With a new baby, I find myself wanting to spend as much time as possible with her and less about organizing. Yet I have to admit our space is more limited with the little one running around so it becomes more important to keep it organized (and clean since she likes to put everything in her mouth-I'm sure my moms out there know what I'm talking about). I also want her to have joy in a clean home and know how to organize (and keep it organized). We’ve made a pact that the living room will be cleared of everything that is not for the living room every night and we’ve gotten better. As part of that pact we stated that the other person cannot get angry when they are “reminded” to put their items away and so far so good. We’ll see how long it lasts!
 
Do you consider yourself an organized person? Do you find yourself having to reorganize often? I can’t possibly be the only person who finds it difficult?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment